Bug in Air

Bug in Air

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Disney Disney Disney

Those of you who know me well know that I do not like to dwell on the sad things in life. I like to stay hopeful, optimistic, and most of all, HAPPY! And the thing that makes me most happy is when Rayleigh Bug is happy!!! And we are so fortunate that she has had so many happy moments these past couple of months!

Michael and I saved up and got tickets for Disney on Ice! We went to the box office to buy the tickets so that we could see where the seats would be and the wheelchair accessibility. I am SO glad we did! Rayleigh's (and her parents') seats were in the second row! We bought the tickets right behind the VIP section so that Rayleigh could easily keep up with the motions and make out the characters. We were telling Rayleigh all about what the show would be like and even found some video previews to show her. I think she knew something exciting was coming up! 

The day of the show she had occupational therapy in the morning and then took a nap and then she was ready to go!! We opted for the evening showing because we knew we'd have the best chance of her being alert at that time - and for the first time in forever, things finally went her way! {See what I did there with the Frozen music? hehe!}

Frozen Clothes from Bow to Toes!

Disney on Ice is during our State Fair so we spent a little time seeing the sights before the show. Fair Selfie!
She got her face painted at the fair to really really get ready for the show!


The show was about 2 hours long. She was TOTALLY ENGAGED the entire time!! She did not have a single seizure during the show! She was actually wiggling and doing her amazing, excited squeal!! I'm not going to lie, I totally teared up a couple of times when I saw how stinking happy she was! It is the most heart-warming memory I can think of. That Rayleigh. She loved Disney on Ice: Frozen!





So totally into it!

Rayleigh loved when the snow fell! And we were close enough that some flurries even landed on her!



Which takes me right to her Make a Wish. Make a Wish is a wonderful organization makes wishes come true for children with life-threatening medical conditions. Our sweet Bug has been approved to have her wish granted! We went over a list of things she might like or greatly benefit from; like a bedroom makeover, backyard play area, iPad and accessories, and of course, Disney. We just kept going back to a trip to Disney World. Rayleigh loves princesses, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Disney movies and she also loves being outdoors, walking around, and swinging, spinning, and bouncing. 

After seeing how much Rayleigh enjoyed Disney on Ice: Frozen, we KNEW Disney World is what Bug wants!! 

We recently met Rayleigh Bug's AMAZING Wish Sponsors, McClayn and Nicole. I'm not exaggerating when I say amazing, you guys! They have such big hearts and want to make this Wish as best as it can be for our girl! We are soo happy to have them! 

Rayleigh with McClayn & Nicole - they brought her those Minnie Mouse ears!

When we met with them, they said that we could answer 4 Wish questions to best determine Bug's Wish. Obviously, Disney was already a major possibility. You fill in the blank for: "I Wish to Be...", "I Wish to Meet...", "I Wish to Go...", and "I Wish to Have..."
Here are Rayleigh's answers:
1.) I Wish to Be a Princess
2.) I Wish to Meet a Princess
3.) I Wish to Go to Disney World

4.) I Wish to Have an iPad


Well, Michael and I decided that we can save up for a little while and eventually get her an older generation iPad - but we could never ever do Disney World the way that Make a Wish can do it for Rayleigh. So there you have it.
The Cains will soon be taking their girl to Disney World with a huge thanks to McClayn, Nicole, and the team at Make a Wish Oklahoma!!! YAY!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment