Bug in Air

Bug in Air

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Rayleigh's Year in Numbers

I thought it might be a neat idea to gather some numbers from Bug's year to wrap up 2012. I keep everything down in my calendar and keep a seizure journal that includes every seizure, bad day, sick day, medicine change, etc. So as I'm going back through these books there are some sad moments. I'm realizing that while most moms are driving their children to a park, I am driving Rayleigh to physical therapy. Or while other moms drive their kids to a playdate, I am driving Rayleigh to a doctor appointment. But I will keep on keeping on because all of those things are to help my sweet Bug! And that is exactly what we'll spend 2013 doing, and every year after this!

So, here are some figures from 2012.

  • 8 Neurologist visits
  • 2 Epileptologist visits
  • 7 Pedatrician visits
  • 2 Neuro-opthomologist visits (eye surgeon/doctor that also specializes in the brain)
  • 2 Hearing tests - passed both!
  • 4 Trips to the ER :(
  • 2 EEGs
  • 1 ERG (eye test done with probs on eyeballs while sedated)
  • 44 Physical Therapies at Jim Thorpe
  • 35 Occupational Therapies at Jim Thorpe
  • 42 In-Home Occupational Therapies with SoonerStart
  • 9 In-Home Vision Therapies with SoonerStart
  • 7 In-Home Visits from OPAT
  • 9 Months on the Ketogenic Diet (plus several months in 2011)
  • 365 Doses of Melatonin
  • 31 Medicine and/or Dose Changes
  • 1 Surgery - to put in the Vagus Nerve Stimulator
  • 812 Seizures - approximately - including Tonic, Partial Onset and Absent
  • 1 DIAGNOSIS OF CDKL5
  • 43 Sunday Suppers with the grandparents!
  • 8 Trips to the Zoo
  • 3 Family Photo Sessions
  • 6 Seizure Free Days
  • 1billion hugs and kisses :)

So there you have it, our year in a nutshell. Looks crazy all down in numbers and puts it all in perspective to me - gosh, it was an exhausting but fun year and there's another one ahead of us now!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment